Ronald Reagan after negotiating with the Soviets to reduce nuclear warheads proclaimed his policy would be: “Trust but Verify”. We try to adopt the same standard on assigned tasks in our organization.
- If you are a professional, you do not assume a request of an outside party is completed.
- If you request forms, personal interaction or any other important task of an outside third party it is YOUR responsibility to follow up and verify the task is complete.
- If you commit to an individual that some task will be completed, be sure it is completed even if someone else has to do some element of it.
- Hold third parties accountable. Assumptions always get you in trouble, ask for confirmation
- That is a critical part of good customer service.
- Provide the same courtesy when someone asks you to complete a task – let them know you are working on it and let them know when it is complete.
The standard at Competitive Solutions is that when you complete a task at another individual’s request, you send them an email confirming the task is complete.
Adopt a high standard for yourself and others will follow.
Categorised in: Article
This post was written by Brian White